Sunday, October 4, 2009

My first days of scouting....



PROMISE : " On my honor I promise that I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my Country
To help other people and To obey the Scout/Guide Law "





Greetings to you readers.....
I wish to take you through my joutney from the first step as a pravesh scout till i got my president's scout award.
I joined scouting in the fifth standard full of enthusiasm and support from my dad.
My scout master (scout sir) was Mr.Padmanabha Rao, a teacher of St.Aloysius Primary School, Mangalore. To get a membership(Pravesh Badge) into my scout troop (Loyola Scout Troop) i had to undergo several tests. The tests were:
1. To know the history of scouting.
2. To know the Law and Promise and Motto
3. To know the uniform
4. To know the prayer and the flag song
5. To know the significances of flags. The flags were the Indian National Tricolor Flag, The BSG Flag, The World Scout Flag
6. To know the left hand shake and the scout sign and its origins.

I completed those tests by November 2004 and I was invested into the troop on the 2nd December, 2004. That day from my senior and a very good friend Sachin Nayak I received my troop scarf. He tied it around my neck. That feeling was something which you won't experience every day. He then put the membership badge(Pravesh Badge) inside my left chest pocket and the world scout badge inside my right chest pocket. My Scout Master decorated my head with the scout cap for the first time. Before all of this happened. I had to swear that I will follow the promise whole-heartedly and i will abide by the scout law. From that day i was waiting for every other opportunity to wear my scout uniform and flaunt my badges. That is one day i will never forget!!!

1 comment:

  1. Gr8 to read the step by step account of your climb to the Prez Scout award...especially the feelings part of it when you got the badge and cap...continue the flow of thoughts...just as you speak to your friends who like to listen to your ideas...I am sure more kids will take up scouting and enjoy this organised fun movement!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Powered By Blogger